Basic Work Zone Training with SCNSC
1-day course available in South Carolina and coming soon to Georgia
Controlling traffic through work areas is one of the most important -- and dangerous -- operations in construction maintenance. The Basic Work Zone course is an introduction to work zone set up, focusing on specific requirements from the MUTCD and the SCDOT Standard Drawings/SCDOT Work Zone Safety Handbook.
You will learn:
- How to recognize and utilize the federal guidelines in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- How to recognize the parts of a temporary traffic control zone
- The different types of tapers and how to set them up
- The different type of temporary traffic control devices and how to set up basic work zones based on the MUTCD and SCDOT requirements
- Flagging operations MUTCD and SCDOT requirements
- Worker safety requirements
Who should attend? Individuals with safety and health responsibilities in highway and street construction; bridge, tunnel, water or sewer construction; concrete, utilities, or paving industries; state transportation and county or municipal street/public works departments.
For questions about Basic Work Zone training, or to request a trainer for onsite training at your convenience, contact Ellyn Learn at email@example.com or call (800) 733-6185.